The Dayton Police Department is LOWERING its testing standards for (new) recruits.
It’s a move required by the U.S. Department of Justice after it says NOT enough African-Americans (Blacks) PASSED the exam.
Dayton is in desperate need of officers to replace dozens of retirees. The hiring process was postponed for months because the D.O.J. REJECTED the original scores provided by the Dayton Civil Service Board, which administers the test.
Under the previous requirements, candidates had to get a 66% on part one of the exam and a 72% on part two.
The D.O.J.’s newly approved scoring policy now only requires potential police officers to get a 58% and a 63%.
That’s the equivalent of an ‘F’ and a ‘D’ (on a score card).
[Figure 29-1 (Wikipedia, “IQ,” now withdrawn) shows the overlapping IQ bell curves in the United States for (left to right) African-Americans, Hispanics, whites, and Asians.]
The lower (hiring) standards mean 258 more people passed the test. The city won’t say how many were minorities.
“If you lower the score for any group of people, you’re NOT getting the best qualified people for the job,”…….
The D.O.J. has forced other police departments across the country to lower testing standards, citing once again that not enough BLACK candidates were passing. [...] >Source
[See: Blacks Less Intelligent?]
So, the D.O.J. would prefer lesser-qualified Cops like these examples?!
- As police force shrinks, hiring held up by lawsuit (daytondailynews.com)
- Diversity Targets in Police Dept Force Pass Marks To Be Lowered (truebluenz.wordpress.com)
- Black applicant protests lowering police entrance exam scores (daytondailynews.com)
- Toronto Police Losing “Face” (torontonews.wordpress.com)
- The Myth of White Privilege (whitelocust.wordpress.com)
- John Hawkins: Is Obama an Affirmative Action President? Yeah, Probably (huffingtonpost.com)